10/25/07

Hollywood Pics

Driving down 99, one has very little to admire on either side of the road. When one has a new camera, one wants to take pictures of everything. So one does. Yes, I love my new glasses. For those who might be thinking they look awfully familiar, they are from Target and Elsie has the same pair. This was funny to both of us. It also came from the 'clothing category' in our 'Not Buying It' budget which does include purchases within our means and within relative need. My previous pair had been MIA for months so I was thankful to score such a cute pair at such a budget friendly store. Without further ado, onto more pictures.
This lovely photo is part of my new 18-wheeler series which was inspired by the lack of anything else to photograph while driving down 99. You can view the whole collection HERE. Scroll down. Keep scrolling. Apparently there are very few out there that share my fascination with truckers and their working world. You can tell by the outrageous lack of comments.
This is my dashing husband showing off his bi's and tri's. He's got tattoos! Actually this is the only stop we made on the way down 99, which is I-5 at this point, and decided to do the pit stop ritual before heading into the Grapevine. Sebastian played in the grass which was probably meant for dog relief but we were careful to stay away from the brown lumps.
This is someone picking up my son in his Baby Jogger. Wearing a Spiderman costume. Sebastian wasn't amused. Neither was I. Welcome to Hollywood.
They need no introduction. We were lucky enough to spend almost 24 hours in the same city. We found a photobooth. We talked about love. We browsed American Apparel. We made a video. We shared our lives.

18 comments:

Evelien said...

You're so good at taking awsome pictures! Love your comment on the spiderman pic. Don't you just hate it when strangers pick up your little one?!

Angela Christenson said...

Love the photo assortment you took. And you were quit commical with your wording. Have a great day. Angela

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Great pics. I love the new Profule pic of you--so cute. I would beat down Spidey for picking up my kid without asking! I guess he wanted the photo op with such a cutie.

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

that's "Profile"...

Amber Ulmer said...

so presh. so glad you girls could get together! What fun! Oh the west coast... wish it was closer and flying was cheaper!xoxo

Tina said...

looks like you had the most wonderful time! yeah, the spiderman thing was feaky. I love the look on your son's face. I can only imagine the look on yours ;)

Michelle said...

..looks like you girls had fun! And how cute is your litte guy?? he he

Michelle said...

I couldn't help but laugh that you see the lack of enthusiasm for truckers and their life. I think it could make a very interesting photo story!

Love the sun glasses and the photos. It looks like you had fun. I've been keeping my eyes open for a photo booth while visiting DC and had no luck. TFS!

debbiec said...

oh, you look too cute in your new shades! and i LOVE how your hubby has a death grip on the stroller as spidey picked it up! LOL! what a good daddy! :)

Charin Adams said...

Love all of those cute pictures! :) You girls are adorable. And as a fellow mommy, I don't think I would have been too happy with a stranger in a mask picking my child up either!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Everytime I think of Hollywood I think of Pretty woman and the saying of holly"weird". There really are some weird people there but that's what makes it so diverse and such an interesting place to visit. Hey some trucks are pretty tricked out and cool to look at. Love the pix as always!

Lisa Leonard said...

looks like such a lovely time! i think i need some girl time!! i;ve been cooped up in the house with sick kiddos too long :)

Anonymous said...

hey!
i just recieved your comment on punkychicken, i am sorry that the link didnt work for you, we were working on it at the time. i see your a photographer and a sewing babe, me too, at least i will be again as soon as i can replace my stuff! thank you for letting us know about the site.
rebuildshangrila.com

Jodie said...

love the photos!!
how cute is that one of spiderman :)

xx

Unknown said...

Woot they are awesome pics! I love hollywood!! So fun!

Jessica Turner said...

thanks for the peak into your weekend. Hope all is well.

JenCoen said...

Hi Rachel! You've been TAGGED (check out my blog)!!
Thanks for playing! Can't wait to read your responses.

JB said...

hey rachel, i accidentally hit the 'notify' button up there, i think i turned that off, but if they do say something to ya, it was an accident. sorry! i meant to hit another window tab.