3/7/10

Weekend Fun-Family Edition

Friday: Sebastian and I were hanging out while Ruby napped and I decided he needed some bean bags to play TOSS into the empty Clothesasaurus (read: doing laundry). I had once made some boyish colored Orla Kiely napkins from Target into a pillow case but that pillow case had been found inadequate by the same small member of this family that I was now cutting them up for. Once I had sewn little pouches Sebastian dumped corn kernels into them through a funnel. I would then sew them shut and have him test them out.

We have a 9 square grid of Flor tiles that we utilized to play a strange game of Bocce ball. So far my little man is patient and generous with praise when it comes to sports and games. He doesn't throw a fit when someone else wins or change the rules in his favor. He's got a gentle nature in that way. At least so far. I'm the one who got red cards during soccer games in high school and beat up the boys in sixth grade.


It doesn't stop him from being ornery. This is him right before he nailed me with all six bean bags.

Friday night he got a cupcake from Starbucks and willingly saved most of it for the next day. He only likes the frosting and he's never met a flavor he didn't like.

This one is just as sweet as any cupcake.

Ruby hit her four month mark today! I still break in to a million, trillion pieces when she smiles at me. She's been spending a lot of time with her daddy this weekend as I've finished up my product for the Spring Collection at Red Velvet Art and attended a few gatherings with local and long distance crafty friends. It was a busy, busy weekend but full of those moments you need in your life every now and then.


I've got more quilt kits to pack but I'll be back with a Weekend Fun-Friend Edition once a few more photos leak onto flickr from a certain photographer. Did anyone go see Alice in Wonderland this weekend? Yay or Nay?

xoxo,
Rachel

31 comments:

Esther said...

Ruby has such pretty big brown eyes. The dress she is wearing in the last picture is too cute.

Andrea said...

I was a little underwhelmed by Alice...but is was still good!

Laura Wynn said...

I saw Alice, and for being a PG Tim Burton movie I thought it was lots of fun. If you love Alice then it's worth seeing.

Erin Alaska said...

love how babes melt our hearts...even right after they pelt us with bean bags.
glad you had a magical weekend, and some time with your girls at RVA.
xo

Katie said...

Yay. I liked it all except for one cheesy part at the very end.

Roxanne said...

Your kiddos are so adorable. Alice was, eh. Good but not great. Hope you had a fantastic weekend, Rachel!

Isolde said...

Ssweet kids, you can see they are brother and sister !

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes sound delicious right now!

http://velvetbirds.blogspot.com

Sarah M said...

your kids are just TOOOO CUUUUTTTE!
Sarah M

Meg said...

Your kids are adorable, my little girl turned 7 months old this weekend! Ruby is just beautiful, those eyes are so striking! This is a strange question, but you and I have the exact same hair type and I was just curious on what you use on it? Thanks so much! Have a wonderful Monday!!
xoxo~Meg
www.mytwistedtree.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Such cute children!
Haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet, I've heard such mixed reviews!

jenny said...

Your kids are adorable.. Ruby is looking more and more like her mama! =)

I loved Alice. SO much. Even the cheesy part. I would wear any one of those costumes she wore. Loved it.

Jamie said...

So precious! It was great seeing you, Rachel!!! I wish you lived closer so we could hang out more. You're such a wonderful person to be around. Hope you have a great Monday!

Michelle said...

My 8 year old daughter and I both LOVED it. Not what I was expecting at all, but still loved it!

Tara said...

Fun idea with the bean bags: simple and can be used countless ways. I have to agree with Sebastian - the icing is definitely the best part of the cupcake - just like the top of the muffin.

Ruby's hit a growth spurt - you can really see it in that last pic. She's starting to resemble her brother in that cutie-pie way.

Good for you for taking time for yourself - it's pretty tough to break away from a sweet newborn, but it keeps you YOU.

Best,
Tara
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

Joyeful said...

Ahhh, I LOVE the name Ruby (maybe b/c that's my first name, too--Rubie) ; ) She is a DOLL! And your little boy is just as adorable! I'm lovin' all your craftiness!

With Love, Jamie said...

Your kiddos are really cute :)

kirkland said...

I love love loved alice! You must go see it. The cgi kind of bothered me but the rest was so inspiring and wonderful!

Unknown said...

What beautiful children you have! We tried to see Alice at the IMAX but it was sold out for the entire weekend. I'm looking forward to Johnny Depp in 3D:)

Mandi Johnson said...

My brother and I used to crawl around playing rough-house games in our jeans when we were little kids. We used to wear holes in them like woah, and my mom would take our ripped up jeans and make bean bags out of them. We had the *most* fun coming up with games to play with them! So weird, they were like some of my fave toys. lol

Lacey said...

Your kids are so cute! Looking at Ruby's little dresses kind of makes me wish I had a little girl.

I thought Alice was good. She had amazing dresses and of course Johnny Depp was brilliant. It wasn't my favorite Tim Burton film though. I love Willy Wonka & Edward Scissorhands!!

Unknown said...

such cute kids! can't wait to see the RVA spring collection!

katie hanson said...

i saw it and i LOVED it. I was pleasantly surprised, but I may ot have had super high expectations going in. bottom line: great acting, lovely plot and gorgeous to watch!

Amanda said...

Love that last picture of Ruby--she's just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love bean bags games. Before we moved down here we had lots of homemade games and toys. I'll have to make more of those.
And your kiddos are too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Love bean bags games. Before we moved down here we had lots of homemade games and toys. I'll have to make more of those.
And your kiddos are too cute!!!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

He's just super-cute! :)

Wednesday Wallpaper - 4 Black-Winged Stilts

Toshimi said...

Your kids are so adorable! Love your pictures, thanks for sharing.

lilla a said...

Great idea with the bean bags! Cute kids.

ails said...

Yay! The visuals are super - i love it!

Your kids are SOOOO adorable and i agree with your super HAPPY quilt colors for the RVA udpate. I wish i have a sewing machine.

molly said...

my goodness your children are gorgeous!