1/21/11

VIntage Findings: This Week's Loot

Photobucket
This week's vintage comes in a color story of blues and browns. I found the vintage boy's sheets and blue travel bag earlier in the week at one location and the brown travel bag at another. I was needing to get out of the house so Brett took the kids to the rock wall at the YMCA and I went thrifting. Unfortunately, the first three places I stopped at were either closed for the day, closed because of the snow, or just plain out of business!

Photobucket
The fourth location I stopped at was a huge flea market that I spent an hour and a half in and only found that brown bag. I was both proud of myself for having only spent $2 and disappointed that that was all I was coming home with. So, I stopped in at one more place before picking the family up and found that lovely afghan and boots for Ruby.

I rarely take home anything knit or crocheted because most of it tends to be cheapo acrylic and makes me cringe but this one is made of the good stuff and in beautiful shape. I love the scallops on the edge and it's really dense and heavy which means it'll be super warm.

Vintage Rainbow
The vintage boy sheets are among the first that I've liked enough to take home so I've decided to add a few more and offer a boys version of the quilt kits that I'll be making from my collection next month. They're going to be a larger size than previous quilt kits and perfect for spring picnics or spreading over the end of your bed. I'll also be offering smaller versions for doll quilts and possibly a star pillow kit! I'll be sure to give you plenty of notice when they'll be available because they always sell out fast!

I've got another fun post for you from one of my favorite childrens' fashion bloggers so stay tuned!

xoxo,
Rachel

18 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh i love that mustard yellow blanket!! and those cute little boots! wish i had as much luck as you around these parts.

bohomamasoul said...

i think you made out like a bandit with the vintage findings this week! i never find anything, and i live in a community filled with elderly people; you'd think it'd be a gold mine. anyway, can't wait to see who the children's fashion blogger is!

woodgrainwhale said...

Such great finds! Those boots are adorable and that color of the blanket is so pretty. I'd love to find bags like those.

Waffellebelgium said...

ahhh i cant wait!!!
i have been saving my pretty pennies to get one of the quilt kits......i have been trying to get one every time you stock the shop.
fingers crossed i get one this time!
Peace & Love!
Erica

Rachele said...

Those little boots are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Those bags are just perfect! That is my favorite thing to walk away from antique/thrift stores with! :))

Lisa@goodknits said...

oh MAN! my birthday is the first week of March, so I already KNOW what's going to the top of my wishlist. I can't wait!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

those boots!! are you serious?!

Unknown said...

Woah! I'm soooo jealous of your thrifting skills. Those are all great finds!

Rubyellen said...

omg! in love with that afghan! looks so dreamy!

Melany said...

Those little boots are just too adorable.

The Veda House said...

Totally jealous of the mustard yellow blanket. If you ever decide to sell it, let me know. I'm so in love with it!

Cassie said...

Love the finds! Awesome!

Tamara said...

oh my...those little boots are adorable! i had to smile when i saw the brown travel bag...my daughter recently found one and just started (this week) using it as her school book bag.

Rene Braun said...

NIce Stuff :))

WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

You are welcome to visit my blog too :)) Kisses!

Unknown said...

That yellow blanket is gorgeous! I'm mentally trying to decipher the pattern so I can have one too ..

I often find myself going to our local 'opshops' (that's what we call them in Australia) bouyed by your success and keen eye, but alas I never find anything except vintage doilies, which I often rescue. But that blanket, what a find! I think I'll be going back to the shops this week ... you never know ...

And the quilt kits - gorgeous ..

Gussy Sews said...

love lurve love the vintage squares :]

Unknown said...

Perhaps it's the coffee I just downed...perhaps it's the fact that after months and months of working, purging, painting and moving bedrooms I finally have my own craft space...but I am absolutely going bonkers with excitement anticipating your upcoming quilt kits - I missed out last year, so this year I'm on it!!