2/21/11

Vintage Here, Vintage There: Casual Vintage

A New Collaboration
One thing I'm looking forward to about warmer weather is being able to ditch the tights and cardigans for awhile! Friday brought us the most beautiful weather so I donned this house dress for the first time since Elsie gave it to me last year. I hadn't washed my hair that day and was only headed to the grocery store but wanted to celebrate the sun coming out. It felt like a good reason to wear a new (old) dress.

Photobucket
This is a vintage house dress that Elsie picked up in Kansas City sometime last year and gave to me as a surprise. I has beautiful embroidered flowers on the front pockets and is just the perfect length. I didn't even have to hem it!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ruby came with me. She wore a pretty vintage dress that has an appliqued fawn on the front. Rubyellen actually sent this one to me before Ruby was born and I am so happy she's big enough to wear it!!

Photobucket
We're missing the sunshine today but we're getting our spring dresses ready! I made my tote from vintage bark cloth, also gifted from Elsie, and you can find the tutorial here.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm wearing: Vintage house dress, gift from Elsie. Vintage belt, thrifted. Cowboy boots, thrifted. Tote, handmade from vintage barkcloth and leather.
Ruby's wearing: Vintage dress, gifted from Rubyellen. Mocassins, Old Navy. Amber teething necklace, Amberizon.

Here are some pretty spring dresses I'd love to wear on any given sunny day!
One, two, three, four, five, six, and seven.


And some spring outfits I'd love for Ruby!
One, two, three, four, five, six, and seven.

Make sure to head over to Rubyellen's blog to see what kind of casual vintage she wore this week! She's got a really good reason to be wearing casual vintage in case you haven't heard yet. Go see!!

xoxo,
Rachel

26 comments:

Teeny said...

Adorable you and baby! Thanks for the links to those dresses too, although we're heading into Autumn over here, I'm determined to layer my colourful summer dresses with dark cardigans, tights and boots. The colours of the cooler months make me sad.

Meg said...

You and little Ruby look lovely. We did get a peek at Spring this weekend though...i am so ready!
xoxo~meg

Brittany said...

so cute!--both of you! i LOVE dresses with boots. yes indeed. :)

danielle @ take heart said...

so pretty! both of you!

beca said...

so cute!! it's been raining a lot here, and I miss the sunshine too. That color is great on you!

Lesley said...

i looove those pictures of ruby! that last one is so sweet... YES to warm weather and bare legs!

Michelle Clement said...

Aaw...so cute! :) Love both of your lovely Springy dresses! I've been craving sun & thrifting, lately. :) can't wait for warmer weather!

Anonymous said...

love both the dresses. something about that second picture of you looks just like ruby -with hair of course. i mean that in a completely wonderful way

Ms.Tips said...

so, so cute!! I love house dresses. Can't get enough of them. I can not wait for spring!!!!

Meredith said...

that dress is adorable!!!!!
and so is little ruby's.
Listen, you have the cutest munchkins!!!!!

Unknown said...

Super pretty dresses you two! I can't wait to go without tights...

Anonymous said...

i love this feature so much. its so helpful to lead others as to wear vintage clothing is available for sale. sometimes it can be tricky. :0)

leigh

ringmaster said...

you look adorable! and thank you for the link to my sweet little yellow dress!!!

Rachel said...

love the color of your dress : )

Julie Standley said...

LOVE.

Sooo cute!

http://travisandjuliestandley.blogspot.com/

RachelDenbow said...

Thank you!!!

mrs.adrienneK said...

in the words of Rachael Zoe "I DIE!!!" so stinking cute!!
xoxo
adrienne K.

Anonymous said...

The dress is beautiful, I love the embroidery. And Ruby looks so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of you and Ruby. So adorable.

Kristina (Buy Some Love) said...

LOVE it Rachel.
You are always a wonderful inspiration to me.
Some days I just want to wake up and lounge around in my pjs but you make me feel like putting on something pretty will cheer up my day.

Have a very sunny day!

RachelDenbow said...

Thanks, Kristina!

thursday said...

omgosh that last photo has my heart! I'm with Kristina - you are absolutely an inspiration! I've been putting much more effort into my wardrobe lately. There are definitely days I 'fail' and just lounge about in jeans and a t-shirt. But week by week I'm getting better at dressing up - this feature definitely has something to do with it!

Anonymous said...

You both look adorable. Didn't Old Navy have the best girl shoes this winter?!

RachelDenbow said...

Thursday,

Oh, that makes me so happy!!!

Thanks, everyone!

margot said...

SO SWEET! especially the last picture. i have the same shoes as rubypie!

petite taupe said...

She's really cute!