2/5/10

Love Notes - Mandi Hearts Phil

Throughout the next two weeks I'll be posting stories from some of my favorite blogging friends in a series titled Love Notes. I'm a sucker for romance...

In high school, I always dated the new boy. So, of course, I was quite taken when I saw the new cute, skinny boy climbing the steps on the first day of school. I used my super sleuth methods to find out his name and weasel my way into his life. His name was Phil, and in fact, was the last new boy I ever dated. Five years later, we were married!

-Mandi

Mandi's beautiful blog makes me wish we were neighbors so we could go on thrifting road trips together and she could find me pretty vintage dresses to wear.

xoxo,
Rachel

10 comments:

sara@augustfields said...

adorable. and mandi's style is great! :)

I BLEED PINK said...

All of these stories are so lovely!! Its nice of them to share.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

dont you just love LOVE?

happy weekend

:)

Whitney Ann said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Rachel, I love your blog and I read it all the time. Well, I was reading it today and saw this lovely post about Phil and Mandi and you know what I KNOW PHIL! Okay well, I went to school with him at Kentucky Christian, he was a senior when I was a freshman. I don't think he knows who I am... But anyhoo, isn't that exciting when you discover that someone you know of knows someone else you know? Anyway, I thought it was great.

Rebecca Horrell said...

I love these love notes posts...I know it sounds completely cheesy, but it does feel reassuring to know that love is out there. Hopefully one day it'll find me. Thanks for reassuring my beliefs that love does exist through these posts, Becky x

Amanda said...

awww i've been reading mandi's blog for a while and I think this is the first time I've ever seen her smile. CUTTTEEEE

Melissa Mann said...

love it!

Amy said...

awww mandi, i love this.

Mandi Johnson said...

Oh my, it's sad that you've never seen me smile, Amanda! haha It's just that I feel so silly grinning and preening for the camera when it's just me and the tripod. :)
miss whit, what a small world! I too went to KCU for two years. I started there when it was KCC.

Anonymous said...

"Love Notes" is such a cute way to showcase these stories! And I'm also an avid reader of 'Here's Looking at Me, Kid'. I love all the inspiration I can get. :)