10/9/07

Jack & Abby Layouts



The first one is growing on me but i'm super happy with the frames in the second pic. I think it took about 30 min. to put it together just because I had to search for pics that grouped well. Elsie took the two larger ones back in Oct. '06. I simply cut out coordinating papers for the picture backings and after attaching the pics, adhered them to the back of the chipboard frames. I added chipboard buttons and epoxy stickers for dimension and taped my ribbon onto the back. So simple. You should try it.
Making plans for a trip to Hollywood and Pasadena for next week to see Elsie, Emma and the Farquhars. I mentioned that Danielle is prego with their second awhile back. She's due around Thanksgiving so we're hoping to spend some time with them before they move back into the sleep deprivation stage of life! We're so excited for them. Danielle says Addison is a kicker.
I'll also get to meet Elsie & Emma's grandma for the first time. If its the same one I'm thinking of, I've stayed the weekend in her sah-weet cabin in the country. We all hosted an RVA art weekend a few years back. We did classes on altering your clothing, art journaling, painting, and topped it off with our own little fashion show.
On our first night there, we heard a knock on the door. We were really hesitant to answer since we weren't expecting anyone and we were out in the middle of nowhere. Finally, we all croweded around the door and opened it. There was a man in camo with dirt all over his face standing on the porch. He wanted to follow a deer that he had been tracking onto their property. I can't remember who did the talking but it was either Elsie or Emma who forcefully told him to shove off and not come back or we'd call the police. We spent the next 30 minutes recounting the scenario and then letting our imaginations create all kinds of scary endings. It was like telling ghost stories at a slumber party! HA!
Anyone have any scary stories to share?

15 comments:

Petra said...

I love the stuff you make. I dont quite understand some of it but it looks useful. :-)

What is Sebastian looking at in that first picture?

RachelDenbow said...

I think he's spotted the dog park.

Charin Adams said...

:) Those are so cute! I know I've said that a couple of times now but it's worth repeating :)

Kinsey said...

Oooh how freaky! Love the frames btw, so cute, and the layout is the bomb :)

Scary stories...hmmmm....this one time, at band camp...just kidding.

For real though, I worked at an Arts and Crafts store over here in England and it seems like *everything* and *everywhere* over here is spooky, and for good reason. It's all really old! But anyhow, this store is located on a USAF base and there have been several areas on base that were discovered to have remains. The store is one of them apparently and when I first started working there everyone told me that it was haunted. So, one night I was doing the end of day closeout and I was sitting in the main office when the elevator (right across from the office) opened. You have to press the button for it to open and I was the only one there.

I sure hope no one saw me running out of there! Freaky!

Now that I've written a novel I'll go. Sorry about that :)

Hugs, Kinsey

Kinsey said...

Sorry, just reread my comment and the "remains" I refer to are human :)

Heather said...

I love those frames!! They are great!
I think the only scary story I have is when I ran out of tape in my tape runner yesterday...had to make a trip to the store at 8PM at night to restock!! Can't believe I got so low...scared me!! :)
Hugs and Happy Scrapping!!
Heather

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I don't have any scary stories but we just got back from a scrapbook retreat in california (the literal middle of no where) and there were nothing but deer around us. I told the girls be careful they might attack you like in the movie "Are we there yet?" haha. I did however do a mini book using the jack and abby stuff if you want to check it out and as always i love your stuff!!

Michelle said...

I have admired that fabric in the first lo forever. IS that designed by Amy Butler? I have been looking and haven't been successful in finding it. Those frames are adorable too!

My scary story doesn't involve a scary guy, but a bear...

A few summers ago I decided to go take early morning photos while in Yosemite at the Merced river (in Happy Isles). I had climbed out into the river and up onto a rock with all of my photo gear and i was taking long exposures of the rushing river. I went to load a new roll of black and white film into my camera when I saw something brown moving from the corner of my eye.

A black bear was crossing the river. I was so shaky that I couldn't get a clear shot and didn't think to switch from manual to automatic. I did snap a shot and when I moved the camera from my face I realized that the bear had started climbing up onto my 5' rock. I couldn't run because of my gear all over the place so I remembered that you are supposed to act really tall and loud. I screamed in the most masculine voice I could muster "go home" and pointed across the island. It ran in the direction I pointed. I was so happy I didn't pack any food with me for my morning excursion.

Unknown said...

Those are great!!! Oh that sounds fun a retreat!! I wish i woulda been in on that lol! But the dude sounds scary! I have lots of scary stories! Ill have to think and post one on my blog lol!

Jody said...

The picture frames are so sweet. What a great 'little' idea! =)

Tina said...

that is a scary story! atleast you weren't alone ;)

Can't think of any one particular story. I was often left home with my brother at night and we'd scare ourselves by watching Unsolved Mysteries. That always spooked us.

loved that first layout! the pic is so cute.

Unknown said...

Cute cute frames!!! I'm going to have to try that! :-)

I only have one really scary story. I was at home with Lex, who had just gotten up from his nap. I went to get my cell charger out of the car. (Yep, it was totally dead.) I went to the door and there was a young girl crouching outside my back door. She was bleeding around her wrists, and had a small paper towel holding them. I asked if I could help her with something. She asked for my phone, but it was dead. She told me to take her to her grandma's. I couldn't. I had a "baby napping." I figured she was just trying to get out of the rain, so I went back inside. 30 minutes later, she was still there! I called the police to let them know that there was someone outside my door that wouldn't go away. It took 3 cops and a social worker running around my house to get her. She was screamimg, "No, please don't take me!" Come to find out, the next day from my bil, she was a juvenile jail escapee! Oh my goodness! There was a boy and a girl... At least I got her!

Unknown said...

wow, that guy that came to your door a few years back sounds like it was scary!! id be freaked out too!! i love the lo and frames that you made, so cute!! :)

Unknown said...

You've been tagged my lovely friend! Go check my blog.

Lorena said...

Lovin' the new layout!