9/22/09

Hello, Fall!

I was a little distracted yesterday with work and keeping up with the demands of a chatty toddler but I noticed you had arrived. The crisp air and wet swings at the park reminded me that it was time to put another layer on my bare arms and to take stock of our scarves and hats.


Looking forward to colorful skylines, hot cider, sweaters, extra quilts on the bed, candy corn stashes, hay rides, gathering leaves, crimson mums, costume making, starry nights, potato soup, socks on little feet, snuggling in bed, apples, acorns, nesting, and the craftiness that seems to invite itself in with the colder weather.


Sebastian has been asking us when Ruby will come out. It seemed simple enough to explain she'd be here after the pumpkins since her due date is just after Halloween. It slipped my mind that pumpkins show up and stick around for about six weeks. He's noticed. I've decided to get more specific with my reply and say she'll be here after we go trick-or-treating. Plus, I'm really ready for some pumpkins on my porch.


xoxo,
Rachel

p.s. These are adorable.

12 comments:

Mandy Ferrugia said...

hello fall indeed :]
lovely post, doll. I'm so excited for all of this autumn cuteness!

Anonymous said...

It's definitely feeling like fall over here in the UK - much cooler weather and another layer are becoming a must again. Yay!

suzy said...

What a lovely post. I could almost see, hear, smell and taste your fall.
It sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Happy Fall! Thank you for such a wonderful description of the arrival of your 'autumn' It's my favourite time of the year :)

Jamie said...

Love this, Rachel!!! Such a beautiful post and wonderful pictures!!! Love those wreaths at the bottom! Cute idea!

katie said...

looove your inspiration photos! i'm so excited for fall! this is my first time experiencing it!

<3katie

mrs boo radley said...

Fall is the best thing ever. Love the photos you posted.

DeeDee said...

Yay Fall! TFS the pics. :)

Vivianna said...

I love the photos!

Elizabeth said...

hooray for fall! and for lovely fall inspiration!

Diana said...

It definitely feels like Fall is so much more calmer than any other season.

MyShenanigans said...

Hurray for fall and cooler weather!