I thought it'd be interesting to share some things about myself from my past and my present since I mostly share about projects and family life. It's fun to remember what I was like at age ten and twenty as I approach thirty this August. (EEK!)
* I didn't have any hair until I was two. Then it was ringlets for awhile. I even had a little bit of a ringlet mullet. Then it was just kind of bushy. Then I had puffy bangs. I finally figured out what to do with my curls again in eighth grade.
* I was much more comfortable on the soccer field than chatting with girl's about hair and make up in seventh grade. I still feel that tom boy in me.
* My English teachers were the most formative teachers throughout my school years. Even the grammar class I took my junior year of college, the one that stressed me out so much that I got a stomach ulcer, taught me something about myself.
* I've been bitten, thrown, and bucked off three different horses. I still feel my ten year old self get excited whenever I see one in a pasture.
* I used to ride bikes with my brother across town to get slushies from a random candy store. We rode bikes everywhere! I loved having that kind of freedom as a kid.
* I remember a lot of Madonna, Michael Jackson, NKOTB, and roller skating.
* I was the one in our group that got violently sick on a mission trip to China in high school.
* The worst thing I did in high school was drive my new car over the Varsity soccer fields to impress my boyfriend. I did donuts in broad daylight and my brother's friend saw me and told my parents.
* I was the new girl at school my freshman year of high school and really liked the attention.
* I've always had to work hard at friendships with girls.
* I went to Paris when I was 18 but it was too cloudy to go up the Eiffel tower and I skipped the Louvre because I had NO IDEA what it was. Silly me.
* I dream of deep friendships, a big old house, slow days, and parties in our backyard.
* I went to renew my license on Monday and failed my driving test. I now have a permit until I take it again next week. This was quite humbling. Brett said it just added to my interestingness. He's nice.
* I love to sew more than I love to journal and I love to thrift more than I love to sew.
* This is the longest my hair has ever been.
* My favorite new shirt (shown above) is from the 80's and kind of reminds me of my mom (in the 80's).
* I miss California. There is no place like California.
* I struggle with initiating things that are necessary to strong friendships. This includes but is not limited to e-mails, phone calls, coffee dates, and surprise visits.
* I'm really good at asking questions and love hearing people's stories.
* I am kind of looking forward to my thirties.
What about you? Feel free to share your own Past and Present below or on your own blog. Let's get personal, personal.